in your Classroom
Welcome to Integration Workshop. This workshop will explore how to begin integrating
technology into your Classroom.
Topics that we'll be working with include:
- Project Based Learning
- Desktop Publishing
- Slide Show Presentations
- Using the Internet
- Using Databases and Spreadsheets
Participants will be asked to attend sessions every other week as well as open lab times.
Assignment will involve keeping a weekly journal of technology use, reading articles posted on
the web, designing a classroom project that incorporates the use of technology and posting on a
website, as well as creating and publishing a newsletter.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Send and receive email
- Use the internet for communications, materials and resources
- Create a Microsoft PowerPoint Lesson presentation demonstrating a working knowledge of
the Power Point Software.
- Create a simple data collection spreadsheet on Microsoft Excel demonstrating a working
knowledge on introductory spreadsheet formatting, printing commands and use of formulas
- Create a web page
- Use common desktop publishing authoring software, Microsoft Publisher or Microsoft Word,
to create an example newsletter that can be used by teachers.
- Create lessons that integrate school's curriculum objectives with Technology